ICD-10-CM 2024: The Complete Official Codebook provides the entire updated code set for diagnostic coding, organized to make the challenge of accurate coding easier. This codebook is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage and ensuring appropriate reimbursement.
Each of the 22 chapters in the Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is organized to provide quick and simple navigation to facilitate accurate coding. The book also contains supplementary appendixes including a coding tutorial, pharmacology listings, a list of valid three-character codes and additional information on Z-codes for long-term drug use and Z-codes that can only be used as a principal diagnosis. Official 2024 coding guidelines are included in this codebook.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, QPP, HCCs, unspecified codes, and more.
- ICONS for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- ICONS identifying RxHCCs and ESRD HCCs. Quickly identify the RxHCC and ESRD/PACE ICD-10-CM codes used in risk adjustment coding by Medicare Advantage Plans.
- ICONS identifying HHS-HCCs. Easily identify the Department of Health and Human Services HHS-HCCs used by commercial insurance companies.
- Coding tips and clinical definitions. Coding tips assist in appropriate code selection, while clinical definitions provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2024 new, revised, and deleted codes. Plus, an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus, many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Supplementary appendixes. Pharmacology listings, Z codes for long-term use of drugs and associated drug names, and Z codes used only as primary diagnosis.
Publication Date: September 2023
Binding and Size: Softbound, 8½" × 11"
Page Count: Approx. 1,250