- CPT and HCPCS coding
- An overview of documentation, insurance, and reimbursement principles
Part 2 consists of new chapters that explain the connection between and application of accurate coding, NCCI edits, and HIPAA regulations to documentation, payment, insurance, and fraud and abuse avoidance.
The new full-color design offers readers of the illustrated ninth edition a more engaging and far better educational experience.
Features and Benefits
- New content! New chapters covering documentation, NCCI edits, HIPAA, payment, insurance, and fraud and abuse principles build the reader’s awareness of these inter-related and interconnected concepts with coding.
New learning and design features
- Vocabulary terms highlighted within the text and defined within the margins that conveniently aid readers in strengthening their understanding of medical terminology
- “Advice/Alert Notes” that highlight important information, exceptions, salient advice, cautionary advice regarding CMS, NCCI edits, and/or payer practices
- Call outs to “Clinical Examples” that are reminiscent of what is found in the AMA publications CPT® Assistant, CPT® Changes, and CPT® Case Studies
- “Case Examples” peppered throughout the chapters that can lead to valuable class discussions and help build understanding of critical concepts
- Code call outs within the margins that detail a code description
- Full-color photos and illustrations that orient readers to the concepts being discussed
- Single-column layout for ease of reading and note-taking within the margins
- Exercises that are Internet-based or linked to use of the AMA CPT® QuickRef app that encourage active participation and develop coding skills
- Hands-on coding exercises that are based on real-life case studies
- New and extensive end-of-chapter “Evaluate Your Understanding” sections that include open ended questions, true-orfalse questions, a terminology assessment, hands-on case studies based on real-life scenarios for coding, Internet-based exercises, and questions paired exclusively to the new AMA CPT® QuickRef app
- New educator resources that include an instructor’s manual, chapter slide presentations, test bank, and mock certification exams
- New binding that allows for lay-flat display of pages when the book is in use and easy recognition of the title when the book is shelved
- Updated “Coding Tips” and “Examples” that highlight and clarify content and increase understanding, respectively
Binding and Size: Softbound, 8½" × 11"
Page Count: 856