Ease your transition from AMA Guides® Fifth to AMA Guides® Sixth by first understanding and assessing the overview, conceptual changes and key changes in the impairment evaluations. Ideal, not only for physicians, but attorneys, insurers, policy makers, legislators and executive branch government officials, as well as administrative personnel in government mandated public or private reimbursement systems. Allow medical and disability professionals help you assess the changes and controversies with the Guides Sixth.
Transition to the AMA Guides Sixth equips you with the necessary tools to quickly assimilate and understand the changes associated with the Guides Sixth.
Features and Benefits
- A summary of the new approach modeled after the International Classification
- Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)
- Standardized assessment of activities of daily living (ADLs) and how the approach has evolved
- Quick reference tables that compare and contrast changes between the Guides Fifth and the Guides Sixth
- Key points and changes that detail the impact of each chapter
- Chapters and sections that summarize each body system, mirroring the Guides Sixth
- Medical and legal tips that highlight and promote deeper understanding of the impairment assessment methodology and its impairment ratings
- A state-by-state legal analysis of workers' compensation statutes and interpretations of the Guide
Publication Date: 2009
Size and Binding: Softbound, 6" x 9", 429 pages