AMA Guides® to Navigating Disability Benefit Systems: Essentials for the Health Care Professional was written for front-line health care professionals—primary care physicians, specialists, and psychologists—who do not have specialized training in evaluating patients with regard to work capacity, but who often find themselves facing patients who believe they are unable to work because of a health condition.
Written by front-line physicians with long histories of working in disability evaluation, this guide dispels confusion and misconceptions. It also addresses the human issues of work ability and return to work, promoting health by promoting work, and communicating with patients, employers, and insurers.
Features and Benefits
- An introduction to disability evaluation as it interfaces with the legal system
- Insights for dealing with disability systems and benefit issues
- Guidance on navigating common forms
- Family and Medical Leave Act insights
- Social Security disability guidance
- Workers’ compensation and private disability insurance claims advice
- Forms and questionnaires
Publication Date: February 2016
Size and Binding: Softbound, 6" x 9", 191 pages