Risk, capacity and tolerance. Once understood, these three “return to work”-related issues can help guide physicians through work- and ability-related cases for numerous diagnoses and body systems. Structured with these themes in mind, this easy-to-read publication includes the latest medical literature reviewed by experts and step-by-step guidance to help negotiate return to work cases.
Updated from the bestselling first edition published in 2005, this highly anticipated second edition includes forms that can be used to communicate return to work guidelines, disclaimers to use when writing guidelines and current science on functional capacity evaluations.
Features and Benefits
- Four new chapters: Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Obstetric and Hematology-Oncology
- Updated approaches and references from more than 20 new contributors
- Implications of unemployment, medication, work aspects and driving
- Forms that can be used to communicate return to work guidelines
- Disclaimers to use when writing return to work guidelines
- Tips on negotiating with patients
- Current science on functional capacity evaluations
- Chapters organized by body system, making it easy to use as a reference text for a particular system or diagnosis
- Tables contain recommended disability durations by diagnosis
- The Cardiopulmonary chapter has been divided into separate cardiac and pulmonary chapters
Publication Date: April 2010
Size and Binding: Softbound, 6" x 9", 500 pages