This leading edge book is a guide for unwinding an unhappy hospital employment relationship and reestablishing a private medical practice. Designed for employed physicians (and their administrative staff and advisors) who are searching to regain independence or control over their practice of medicine, Choosing Autonomy: The Physician's Guide to Returning to Private Practice, gives you:
- An understanding of how to evaluate the substantial risks returning to private practice entails in today’s environment.
- Insight on how hospital employment of physicians is repeating the same cycle as in the 1990’s, how this cycle works and its implications in your decision-making and negotiations.
- Strategies to evaluate your options, negotiate around legal barriers and develop financial projections critical in assessing the feasibility of leaving employment and striking out on your own.
- Examines legal considerations that may prevent you from leaving your current job.
- Insight to creative financing options, availability of financing sources, techniques and alternatives.
- Provides a comprehensive start-up checklist and worksheets to aid in developing financial projections.
- Provides simple and concise success factors to monitor during the critical early stages of start-up.
"The checklists and financial proforma worksheets alone are worth the price of the book!"