CPT® E/M (Evaluation and Management) codes are changing significantly for office visits for the 2021 code set year.
E/M Office Visit Compendium 2021 provides:
- Curated content to help understand the changes
- Practical tools to help adapt and prepare for 2021
- Resources for coding based on time or medical decision-making, and insight as to which method is appropriate to which visit scenarios
The impact of making this change is expected to reduce physician documentation burden, but only can only be successful if coders, billers, physicians, and others are equipped to code and document correctly:
- Impacts $25B in Medicare Part B Spend
- Touches every specialty
- First change to E/M coding in 26 years
- Focuses office visit time on relevant medical topics
Proper documentation and coding are key to billing correctly in the new system and achieving burden reduction.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS • Top resources from authoritative AMA CPT® publications for a deep dive into the code changes, simplified logic for coding based on medical decision making or time, etc. o CPT® 2021 Professional Edition o CPT® Changes 2021: An Insider’s View • Links to and highlights from digital resources o E/M Office Visit Change - An Overview Video clips from 2020 AMA CPT® Symposium o eLearning Modules on AMA Ed Hub • Expert commentary and insightful answers to industry questions from the following resources o CPT® Assistant o CPT® Knowledge Base o Use cases to apply the coding logic to real-world scenarios • Quick reference tools o New risk table for medical decision making o New listing of what activities count towards time o Infographics and other tables o Typical patient descriptions o Detailed explanations of revisions to the E/M Services Guidelines
Published November 2020